It’s just not Christmas without a few treats on the table and when it comes to treats, our friends and partners at Boulevard Events know a thing or two!
They’ve let us in on a bit of a secret and given us an unreal brownie recipe.. brownies so good they’ll make Prue Leith weak at the knees.
Boulevard’s hazelnut chocolate Brownie
- 500g butter
- 500g dark chocolate
- 8 eggs
- 800g sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 200g hazelnut
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a bain marie (put the ingredients in a metal bowl and sit on top of a saucepan of boiling water – just make sure the bowl sits above the water so that it heats gently from the steam)
- Whisk the egg and sugar together until soft peaks are formed
- Add the melted chocolate butter mixture mix together
- Fold in the flour and hazelnuts until the mixture is smooth
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour in the mixture with a depth of about 15mm or so.
- Bake on 160c for 33 minutes
Founded as the Boulevard Restaurant by Madeline Crouch and Stephen Maher in 1988. Pioneers from the start, Boulevard was the first restaurant in Victoria Park Village, London. The event catering followed from the restaurant and eventually outgrew it leading to Boulevard Events.
Boulevard are an amazing group of people, passionate and skilled in what they do. Go check them out: https://www.boulevardevents.co.uk/